JOURNAL DAY13 Orange


Deirdra's Oil
Today's journal Oil painting is inspired by the beautiful Lulu dear. This is one of the photo's I took of her.... I am painting a couple paintings to put in the Wild Women show at the River Gallery in Independence OR. Sat is the day I have to turn them into the show for judging.

I also was inspired by the lovely Misty's Orange day.....

I started the morning yesterday in the company of Jennifer Diehl. She is the best colorist I have ever seen...She started painting at 10 years old. She studied Russian Impressionism and now she is of the great age of 25! I have started class once again in oil painting with Jennifer..........
Jennifer Diehl oil

Then in the afternoon I visited the most gracious and wonderful painter Amanda Blake. Her work was featured on Etsy last week. Over a cup of tea we spoke of the In's and outs of Etsy. Amanda Blake oils

Her children captivated me. They were so dear as they quietly drew on the floor in her studio as she painted...I will never forget the scene. Her Daughter was the most charming Miss Francis. And her son Sir Henry Blake "a author" he informed me.... showing me the drawings he was working as proof. I think his name sounds like a poet.

I am the most blessed of women....with wonderful friends!!!

Comments

Pat said…
This is a wonderful post...the art work is just great and those kids...beautiful. Thanks for your visit with me and your kind comments this a.m. I sure appreciate them.....and I'll be checking your blog from time to time also. Pat
Anonymous said…
absolutely lovely posts and art. thank you so much for being kind to me. ♥
Anonymous said…
The painting you did is so soft and lovely. Very pretty. She looks like she's ready to take a sip of the tea. :)
Dayna Collins said…
I love reading what all you have been doing - it sounds like you are soaring with your art!
Well, I recognize the hairline, but she's much prettier than I am! Really, what a lovely painting! And you're right - those kids have such a magical look about them.

I'll see what I can do about the wild women...
lulubelle
Anonymous said…
i love the subtlety ... beautiful painting ...
♥ milliande
Anonymous said…
you are so blessed, what a beautiful life you have! i love that you share it with us!!! :-)

your pages have been so very beautiful, i love this one!
xoxo

Popular Posts