JOURNAL DAY 7 self portraits searching searching........

"Tell me................
do you Love Me?"
This self portrait painting is symbolic of my Tale.....:"Tell me do you Love Me?" the music in the dress has this line in the words. I am searching.....with the little light I have I am searching......with my candle small as it is I am searching............



"We spend our years as a tale that is told" the quote in my Great Grand mothers journal page is the beginning of my tale. I realize that as I am doing these journal pages and self portraits there is much too tell that I have not shared.
(I have always admired and have been touched by the transparency of so many of my blogging arty friends and their intimate sharing.......it is the beauty of being women....sharing our story that we might learn from one another. I will enjoy hearing more of your tales too)

I am going to begin to share as each page and portraits comes forth. I have always wanted to write a book of my life but it is such a overwhelming thing to write your life story...as I found out working with editors and such while pursing my elfin children's book "Nikki Nissi".

So I believe this blog... that is among friends....is a lovely way........ accompanied by my art....to share a part of my story. I want to share the beginning....the crucible part that helped turn my life towards the beautiful place that I am in now. So this month I will share the Tale....piece by piece that took me to where I am now. As my husband say's "everybody has a take on what they believe is the Truth".

So I am going to throw (humbly I hope) my Lifes Tale's hat into the ring...I hope you enjoy it and only take it if helps otherwise leave it on the shelf and still love me as I find my way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
pretty!
Lunara said…
So magical, your art and your blog.
Saludos de Lunara.
Missy Trent said…
Yay for us!!!!!!! Thank you for telling me that our blogs were featured on Misty Mawn's page! I was just getting ready for bed and would not have even known until the weekend when I really browse blogs! OMG...your art is BEAUTIFUL! Love your self portrait! Stay in touch! ~ Missy
reagan said…
I love that you did a full body pose, and the way you've incorporated the music into it. Magical! Thank you for letting me know about the shout out on Misty's blog:-)
Lisa Cohen said…
This is wonderful!!
Sulea said…
Such a lovely self portrait!! it tells a story and is just beautifully executed :)
Anonymous said…
I love the portrait but I am really looking forward to reading the "story"!
Anonymous said…
I love the photo and the painting both. So magical and evocative!

I too am working on writing something. Not the story of my life, but something very close to my heart, that has grown out of things I have loved all my life. You are so beautiful and talented, I look forward to hearing your story!
Diane Rooney said…
Oh what a beautiful post and I love that image. So perfect. Seriously gorgeous. Serene. Bravo, Deirdra x
Dayna Collins said…
Beautiful, beautiful.

Popular Posts