JANUARY 17 Painting A Day Yellow

"There is a moon above and its dancing on my soul..."

I met my husband 2 weeks before my Birthday 28 years ago today.... a befitting painting for this day.

On January 1st 1981 I was sitting on top of a hill looking west at the blue mountains and the sunset. I had fallen in love with the new musical style of magical instrumental music. George Winston's Fall record and Sally Oldfield "Water Bearer"
(please click on yellow to hear the music) This new instrumental and synthesizer music style was so haunting and romantic....I was smitten.....my heart was passionate for it. As the sun set in my eyes I made a vow......."I am going to dedicated myself to this music!". What did that vow mean?? I didn't really know. I thought I might buy a record player and records. The only thing I knew to do to show my committment. A girl friend and I were poor single mothers. We had gone to the store that past Fall and each bought a couple records. She bought "Fall" and I bought Sally's record. We were going to share them.....With my new vow I was going to buy my own record collection....that is all I knew about it.....but now I know the vow was more like a prophetic vision that God was putting into my heart.....I had agreed with His vision that New Year Day....and now He had my souls permission to start His plan for my Life..."a plan to give me hope and a future".

Two weeks later we met....my husband to be was a musician...I didn't know it at the time. His music was so beautiful...he played the lute while I made vegetarian food, picked flowers in the woods for May Day and road horses out in the country where he lived. He also played the Harp Guitar and soon we were visiting George Winston at his concerts...exchanging phone calls and working on a Record project with George for Windham Hill records....

Sally Oldfield "Night Hunters Moon"...(Please click to hear) the song my heart was singing!!

"Like a star of light on the river.....
I am following you......
Like the wind on the dusky harbor I can hear you tracking me too.....

There is a moon above and its dancing on my soul...

Night of the sun gonna find you soon on the night of the hunters Moon........."



Sally's music had a Celtic Quality about it....John and went to Ireland and he wrote this wonderful music while I took photo's of the country side....later we both came back and filmed John at the ancient Celtic pilgrimage sites. We have also have led 3 tours to Ireland...


The Lamentation Of Turlough O'Carolan - John Doan
Seán put this beautiful video together on youtube of one of John's songs.

Comments

Anonymous said…
absolutely gorgeous.
Lydia said…
Pretty picture. Congratulations for completing it. Do you use canvas? Love the scenery on the video. Ireland must be lovely!
Tina said…
Hey deirdra

great painting...I am having fun with the color challenges - Misty sure is good inspiration. your hubbies music is beautiful.
Cindy Thomson said…
Beautiful story! I was just wondering....do you and John lead any more tours?
Teresa aka Tess said…
Are you trying to make us cry? You accomplished that with me. beautiful story, beautiful page, beautiful post.......
Anonymous said…
How cool is that! I love the painting but most of all the story you shared. You definitely have the Law of Attraction down!
Krista said…
Ah, so soothing to my ancestral Irish roots..Beautiful collaboration of photos & music, what a couple you must be!
reagan said…
Don't you just love it when art meets real life?
Anonymous said…
Wow, I am in awe of how God has worked in your life. What an incredible blessing your husband is. And thank you for mentioning Sally Oldfield--I had never heard of her before, but I love that music!

Popular Posts