JANUARY 16 Painting A Day Red

I jumped out of my White painting to get caught up with the Red...like Misty Mawn on her January painting challenge red is hard for some....she & I are little more in love with pastel colors....But Red is rich. I used oil paint again. I also used gold oil paint. Raw umber was my under painting. It is a real neutral...so ever other color on top of it looks beautiful. Terra Rose what a nice soft and subtle red that helped me not get to overwhelmed in red. I added a little Red Cadmium Light to punch up the color in a few places... Gold is used to make red in glass..and have you noticed that the under painting on gold leaf is often a warm red? I went with that idea by adding gold as part of the painting of my Red Challenge painting. I like gold on everything though!!!

Comments

Anonova said…
I love how soft this piece is!
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful piece, i love the way you framed the image ..and there is such a swett expression on the girls face ...
i have never used oils before ( one of the few art materials i never tried) but love the depth of colours you achieved....
is there a brand of oil paint you prefer ? How long does it take for your paint to dry ? ... any help appreciated
♥ milliande
Anonymous said…
This is such a nice piece. Thanks for sharing the under painting painting process.
Anonymous said…
love it.
Anonymous said…
This is beautiful...I love the litte bird.

Thank you for commenting on my page Deirdra.

I started reading that book a couple of years ago, but I was in a much different place at the time, and never finished it. I think I'll give it another go.

E~
Ro Bruhn said…
Love this one, the touch of blue makes it sing.
Anonymous said…
you are such a beautiful soul, amazing artist, kind friend, thank you so much! xoxooxooxoxooxoxoxo

Popular Posts