Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas now then and past..link party

I was inspired to post my Christmas decor because of the "Common Grounds" blog link party. Christmas now and past links. 


Just a touch of Christmas in  my new bedroom decor.
Hallway. My friend gave John these rich large gold instrument ornaments. So sweet.
on our way off to tour Johns Christmas show.  www.johndoan.com
I have been missing my childhood Christmas.  
So I made it it at my house.
Santa came right at 7 pm Christmas Eve!  Last year we found this life size German Santa.  My husband got it for me at a antique mall in Seattle WA

My first  couple Christmas...we're at a cabin in Big Bear CA

Grandpa built it. He loved to make wonderful special places...fantasy worlds
This year I wanted to go small and sorta real. 
But putting up on a table and in two urns makes it look like a 7 foot tree without all the work..smile!  
Past little Christmas song my husband helped me finish I started while getting ready for Christmas.


Posts of past Christmas posts and decor
http://deirdradoan.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-christmas-dept-56-and-wendy-mainow.html

http://deirdradoan.blogspot.com/2010/12/its-christmas.html

http://deirdradoan.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-to-spend-christmas-on-road-as.html

4 comments:

JoAnne said...

I love all of your vintage Christmas decor, Deirdra ~ so pretty. Merry Christmas!

spindelmaker said...

How lovely to see your beautiful house again, and all decorated for Christmas! So lovely! Hope you are fine and that all is well with you both!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Deirdra, your home looks so pretty. I love your Christmas welcome sign and pinned it. Thank you for your visit and kind words to me and I will look forward to your husband's music when you come to the Gold Country in March..Merry Christmas..Judy

carol@The Red Painted Cottage said...

I love your little figurines and your big Santa. We recently downsized to a condo, so nothing too big for us to store away. We used our small rustic tree when we wintered in Florida, and now I'm enjoying our big, full one where I can display all our ornaments. Beautiful Christmas tour. Merry Christmas!