Saturday, February 2, 2013

Birthday Bed Blessing!





 Look what God gave me for my Birthday..the great Bed.

I bought it for so so cheap on Craigslist on Sunday.  It was finished painting,waxing with Milk paint and set up at midnight on my Birthday Wed......and then Thurs. Jan. 31st. my Birthday day I I found stuff around my house that helped make it work without buying new things..what  blessings.

John feels like a King in it and I feel like a Queen. God is such a loving Father..and I didn't even plan this...I had no idea what I was doing on my birthday as John was working late. We are celebrating all weekend though!!


 Miss Mustard's Milk paint Typewriter is great. I love the way milk paint is chalky and flaky..and then when you use wax it just melts into the wood. No plastic feel and so smooth...
By the way Marian, aka Miss Mustard Seed blog and web is faboulous. So many idea's and other blogs to visit. I love her house that was featured on another blog called "The Old Painted Cottage" with wonderful cottages featured year month..with archives!!
 I never found the right place for this chair until now. I just keep pushing it around the house..but now...so lovely....

 I plan later this year to paint with Miss Mustard seeds milk paint of course the doors behind the TV with the typewriter black and maybe the fireplace mantel too...
Happy Painting to you...now to finish painting my Nikki Nissa Children's book illustrations...

5 comments:

Linda Miller said...

Beautiful bedroom. You certainly have a flair for decorating & design.

Suzan Sweatman said...

It's just beautiful!!!
AND that mantel is to die for!
Your newest follower - would love to have you follow back ( and thanks so much for the visit )
Hugs,
Suzan

Karen said...

Beautiful bed, such a great find.Thanks so much for visiting me!

Gloria in CA said...

Hi Deirdra, nice to meet you. I came via Lulu's blog. She speaks highly of you. Wow! That is an awesome bed and you have lucked out on this buy. Your bedroom looks very comfy. Life is great! Take care.

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hello, dear Deirdra,
What a lovely find! The bed is beautiful and looks so roomy! Fit for a King and Queen...just like yourselves~
XO
I just re-befriended you on 'the trodden path' especially the Cloth and Clay doll group.
hugs,
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/